The unofficial archives of Tiverton Town Football Club

Tiverton Town 2 - 1 Truro City

Saturday 12/02/2022   Southern League Premier Division
Paul Gray

Truro City got the game underway looking to complete the double over a Tiverton side  who they beat 2-0 only a couple of weeks ago.  The first real chance of the game fell to Truro in the fourth minute when  Alex Battle took the ball down on his chest but his volley went high and wide of the Tivvy goal. Truro enjoyed the majority of the play in the first ten minutes and had Tivvy penned in their own half. On seventeen minutes Truro striker Alex Battle again found some space but his shot was again wide of the target.

A couple of minutes later and a foul on Jordan Lam resulted in the Tivvy player having to be replaced by Nelson Iseguan. Craig Woodman took the free kick but the Truro defence cleared the ball to Aaron Dawson who found Chris Shephard who played in Dan Hayfield who calmly put the ball past Hamon in the Truro goal to put Tivvy 1-0 up. The visitors went straight on the attack looking for a quick reply and Aaron Dawson was booked for stopping a Truro attack with a foul. The free kick was floated into the Tivvy box and was put out of play by Alfie Pond for a Truro corner. The resulting corner found the head of Tivvys  Gary Warren and was cleared away.

A minute later and Warren was replaced by Louis Morison with with I guess the injury that forced him off in the last game. Truro were having a bit more of the attacking play and Tyler Harvey turned quickly and let fly with a great shot which Tivvy keeper Lewis Williams tipped over the bar for a corner. When the corner was put into the box Williams was there again to punch the ball clear. Just before halftime Austen Booth was booked for blocking the Truro player after he had run straight into him. The free kick was wasted and was the final action of the half with Tivvy going in 1-0 up.

Tiverton made a halftime substitution with Andy Watkins replacing Aaron Dawson and they started the second half brightly. Truro made a couple of changes in a attempt to get a equaliser bringing on Thompson and Rooney who replaced Hartley and  Dickson. Tivvy nearly got goal number two but a Nelson Iseguan header went just over the bar. The second goal of the game came just after that but it was the visitors who scored it. A good pass by Battle found Lowe who fired past Williams to make it 1-1. Seven minutes later and Tivvy were back in front a Shephard free kick found the head of Austen Booth who's powerful header made it 2-1 to Tiverton. Truro went all out looking for a equaliser but some great defending from the home side kept them out including a great save from Williams and a goal line clearance from Iseguan to give Tiverton three valuable points.

This report ©2022 Paul Gray