The unofficial archives of Tiverton Town Football Club

Dorchester Town 1 - 1 Tiverton Town

Saturday 05/02/2022   Southern League Premier Division
Paul Gray

Tiverton got the game underway against a Dorchester side who like Tivvy have found scoring a problem in recent weeks. Tiverton went on the attack right from the start and a Dan Hayfield pass found Joe Belsten who's cross was put out for a first minute corner. Hayfield took the corner but it was just to high for the incoming Gary Warren to get his head to and the ball was cleared. On six minutes Dorchester's number five Callum Buckley become the first player of the game to be shown a yellow card. Both teams had early chances with Tivvy just edging the play. A Tivvy corner by Dan Hayfield  was played short to Chris Shephard who's cross found the head of Gary Warren but his header went over the bar.

On thirteen minutes the best chance of the game so far fell to Dorchester striker Olaf Koszela playing against his old Tivvy team mates but he skied the ball over the bar from a couple yards out. Two minutes later a Tivvy corner found the head of Gary Warren who headed the ball down to Aaron Dawson but his shot went wide of the goal. On thirty one minutes Tivvys Joe Belsten became the second player to be shown a yellow card for a late challenge. A great through ball from Austen Booth found Theo Simpson who was one on one with the keeper but Jack Bycroft in the Dorchester goal pulled off a great save to deny the Tivvy striker. Dorchester number two Oakley Hanger was next to be shown a yellow card for a foul on Jordan Lam.  With only a couple of minutes left of the first half George Calverley nearly gave Dorchester the lead but his shot across the box went just wide of the far post. Austen Booth was shown a yellow card for a foul on Dorchester's Koszela and a quick break by the home side saw Lewis Williams in the Tivvy goal pull off a great save to deny Emmanuel Odubade . This turned out to be the last action of a entertaining first half that finished 0-0.

Tiverton made a half time change with Nelson Iseguan replacing  Gary Warren. On fifty nine minutes a great Dorchester cross found the head of Alfie Stanley who steered the ball into the far corner to put Dorchester 1-0 up. Things got worse for Tivvy with Alfie Pond going off injured to be replaced by Andy Watkins. A Jordan Lam shot curled just wild as Tivvy went looking for a equaliser. Both sides made a change with Stanley being replaced by Guppy for Dorchester and Simpson being replaced by Morison for Tiverton. The Tivvy subs first involvement saw him receive a yellow card. With time running out Dorchester made another change with Odubade being replaced by Callow. With just eight minutes left Dorchester  number four Tom Purrington was shown a red card for a late challenge and after a bout of pushing and shoving Dawson for Tivvy and Soares for Dorchester were shown a yellow card each. Four minutes later and a goal mouth scramble was cleared by the home defence but it fell to Tiverton's Aaron Dawson who smashed the ball into the Dorchester net to make it 1-1.

The referee indicated that there would be four minutes of added on time. Tiverton went looking for the winning goal and a Iseguan cross found Lam sliding in at the far post but his effort went just wide of the goal. Watkins was next to go close  for Tiverton but his shot went just wide. Dorchester made their final change with Bayston being replaced  by Symes. Dorchester number fourteen Guppy was shown a yellow card as the ten men of Dorchester tried to hold on for the draw. With the last chance of the game falling to Tivvy's Louis Morison but his shot curled just wide of the top corner of the net.

This report ©2022 Paul Gray